NJ Connect for Recovery is a free, confidential call line focused on helping family members and friends coping with a loved one’s substance use disorder. A service of the Mental Health Association in New Jersey, NJ Connect for Recovery provides a safe, nonjudgmental place for individuals and family members to get counseling, and assistance from professional staff members on substance use issues.
We provide emotional support, education, ongoing family and peer guidance and access to treatment options through REACHNJ. Calls are answered live through our call line at 855-652-3737 from 8 am – 10 pm on weekdays, 5 pm – 10 pm on weekends, and 3 pm – 10 pm on holidays. Call 855-652-3737 for immediate guidance and support and get your substance use disorder questions answered.https://www.youtube.com/embed/KrN2c0jvhuc?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque
NJ Connect for Recovery Fast Facts
• Our call center employs highly-trained Peer Family Specialists, individuals who understand substance use disorders and recovery and utilize these experiences to provide powerful recovery support for family members and friends.
• The average length of a telephone conversation between a caller and Peer Specialist is 17 minutes. We urge our callers to continue to call back for additional support, information and advice.
• NJ Connect for Recovery receives hundreds of calls per month from all 21 counties in NJ.
The Opioid Crisis in New Jersey
• Drug overdose is the leading cause of accidental death in NJ.
• NJ’s rate of a heroin overdose is 3x the national average.
• Opioid misuse is widespread across NJ, and with a presence in all 21 counties.
• NJ saw a 40 percent increase in drug-related deaths in 2016, the largest in at least six years, the spike was driven by opioids, heroin, and fentanyl.
• In 2018, more than 3,160 people died from drug overdoses in NJ.
• In 2018, the NJ drug related death toll was estimated to be four times what is was ten years ago.
• Opioids kill approximately 130 Americans a day.
• In 2018, there were 89,629 treatment admissions reported to the New Jersey Department of Human Services, Division of
Mental Health and Addiction Services by substance abuse treatment providers.
Via NJTV Online:
In 2015, the Mental Health Association in New Jersey launched NJ Connect for Recovery, a free, confidential call line for those coping with substance use disorders. Callers are immediately connected to Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselors or Family Peer Specialists the first time they call. Call 855-652-3737 for immediate guidance and support.
NJ Connect for Recovery Offers Counseling for Drug Addiction
Virtual Family Support Group and Education
We’re Here for You!
Ongoing Family Support Group
Families who have a loved one with a substance use disorder are always on the front line. It is often said that connection to others is the most important part of recovery — that includes recovery for family members. Social distancing and isolation necessary to cope with the COVID-19 outbreak makes these connections even more of a priority. The Mental Health Association in NJ (MHANJ) understands how difficult it is to take care of your own needs when consumed with a family member’s substance use disorder. We’re here to help. Scroll for information about our virtual Support Group. Click for NJ Connect for Recovery Family Support Resources Updated April 3, 2020Join us from the Safety of Your Home:Announcing Virtual Support Group Sessions forFamily Members Supporting a Loved Onewith Substance Use DisorderNJ Connect for Recovery is having multiple meetings each week to allow families to connect. These sessions, led by an experienced, trained family peer, will enable participants to support each other, gain helpful coping strategies and discuss ideas on how to practice self-care. We will also work to link families to the most updated information, local support and resources.PARTICIPATION INFORMATION
Days and Dates: Every Monday and Thursday, March 23 through May 4, 2020Time: 6:30 — 7:30 p.m.
Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/365930824?pwd=dmZMODJ1bnBmSTB4WFd4U2ovdE9OUT09
Meeting ID: 365 930 824
Call: 1-646-558-8656 365930824# US (New Jersey, New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/apIO9my5p