The Mercer County One-Stop Career Center is a partnership of organizations that work in collaboration to provide services to the job seeker and employer. Our main goal is to connect businesses with a well-educated workforce.
Job Seeker Services
- Include resume writing & interviewing assistance and workshops; academic & skills assessment, career counseling, use of computers, copiers & fax machines
- Automated job matching
- Positive Recruitments and emailed notifications regarding employment opportunities
- Dedicated Veterans Services unit
- Workforce Learning Link provides academic preparation and remediation
- Occupational Training
Virtual Services Directory
- Business Resource Center (BRC) – The BRC provides business solutions to employers at no cost to your company. We can act as an employer’s human resources by helping businesses with issues related to recruitment and training of your new employees.
- On the Job Training (OJT) – This program provides an incentive to businesses allowing employers to receive up to 50 percent reimbursement of a new employee’s wages for a maximum amount of $4,000 for a maximum period of six months (dependent upon the complexity of the job and the employees’ current skills). OJT allows for the custom training of new employees thereby offsetting employer training costs while assisting the employee to acquire the skills necessary to satisfy job requirements.
- Training for your existing workforce – In addition to OJT, we can also provide customized training grants to employers to help them address skills gaps in their current workforce.
- Direct Access to Qualified Workers – Post your job openings for FREE and reach thousands of job seekers on Jobs4Jersey.com. You can also work directly with the One-Stop to have applicants be prequalified to meet your specifications.
- Recruitment & Job Fairs – Our services can help identify potential candidates by assisting in the recruiting and initial screening of candidates. This can be done at the One-Stop or employer site. All potential candidates can be prequalified according to employer specifications thereby saving the time and money involved in interviewing all interested candidates.
- Tax Credits and Federal Bonding – We work with employers to provide them with detail on the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) and Federal Bonding.
For more information about the One-Stop Career Center and our services for employers and employees/job seekers, please call:
Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.